It's Friday and I think it calls for a FIESTA! Today I want to share with you my DIY enchiladas. As you know, I am a non-cooking, non-dancing Latina. Seeing me in the kitchen is like spotting the Chupacabra. But every once in a while I try to help out. I have been making these enchiladas for a while because they are EASY! Here's what you need:
- 1 can of beans ( I like black)
- 1 (10 oz.) of enchilada sauce ( to put in mixture)
- 1 big (can to top over enchis)
- 1 (7 oz.) can of green chiles
- 1 can of corn, if you like corn or skip it!
- 2 cups of cheese for the mixture and have some more on hand (about 1 cup to top them off)
- 1 small can of olives (to top and if you like olives or to include in mixture)
- un poquito of sour cream (a tablespoon or more to give your mixture a little creamy vibe)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- salt maybe 1/2 a teaspoon
Another reason I like to make these is because you can add what you want and use whatever you have in your pantry. I love to add scallions and garlic, chopped jalapeños and cilantro to my mixture and it rocks.
As you can see once you have the mixture all you have to do is roll them up into a nice oven proof tray(mine is pyrex).
Put them in the oven for about 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees and take them out once you see the salsita and queso bubbling. ¡LISTAS! (ready en español!)