Hello dear readers, school is out but I have been busy taking care of all the other things that take a back seat during the school year. I am so excited to get back to blogging full time. Especially because it has been such a great creative outlet and great way to meet new friends. I have been mostly surfing the blogosphere this week when I came across a lovely award from my new beachy friend : Sally Lee from the Sea
Well I am supposed to tell you 10 things about myself, so here goes:
1. I was born in El Salvador but moved to Los Angeles when I was six years old due to the civil war.
2. I was an avid reader as a kid, loved Beezus and Ramona, anything Beverly Cleary
3. I don't like to drive. I am ok on the street but really scared of the freeway.
4. I love reality TV, Amazing Race, Survivor, all the Housewives! I wish I had some people my age to share this with but I work with very smart academics who shun TV! I know...
5. I have always loved everything Hollywood ( my first apt in the US w/ my family was in Hollywood) and I wanted to work as an entertainment reporter.
6. I have a BA in Political Science and an MA in Latin American and Iberian Studies (Spanish, French, Portuguese). I fell in love with foreign languages when I learned English and worked as an interpreter for my parents. Then in 7th grade I fell in LOVE with French. Learning and speaking French is one of the things I am most proud of.
7. I would like sealaura to be my full time job (seriously) so basically I am still trying to find my calling!! I am waiting for that voice to tell me "You're supposed to do .... and this is how you do it"
8. I have never been to France and it is my life long dream
9. I love fashion and each day is a process of what outfit and accessories to wear. I even accessorize during the summer when it is me and the boys (norm and newman) at home. Bizarre I know...
10. I am a terrible singer but I make up silly songs about anything and everything and sing every day, and... B does it too!!! We have a few songs in our repertoire.
Now what about you? Do you have any honest/crazy things to share about yourself?