Happy New Year!!
By now, you have probably made all the social media rounds and checked out everybody's goals, resolutions or intentions. Whatever you want to call it, I think it is all good. Like most folks I want to share a few of my thoughts for the new year.
1. I would like less hate/criticism/people being hard on each other. As ridiculous as the following will sound I say : Leave Mariah alone!!! Ok, so she messed up her song for New Year's, but who cares!! People are so mean sometimes. And even if she is loopy, let her be! And on that note, I would like to be less hard on everyone. Less criticism, more compassion.
2. I would like to read more. This is a tough one because so much of my job is reading español from my students but I need to read more BOOKS. Not blogs, not pinterest, but BOOKS.
3. I would like more Yoga in my life. I am happy to report, I started the year off right doing Yoga with B. Even though we were tired, even though Newman and León were walking all over us during the poses. But we did it!
4. More regular blogging. I've been wanting to do this for the last year or so but my job has taken over my life, not to mention life in general. Nevertheless, my blog was my passion for so long and I want to be that passionate blogger again.
5. More time outdoors. Ever since I moved to LA I feel I have been boxed in. Sure we go to the beach and I love it but I need more walks, more outings. Like I said in #1, I want to not be hard on myself because last year was a hard one for me/us with all the changes. All I wanted to do was survive and I did but now it is time to Restart, Refresh.
So these are a few of my initial goals/thoughts/intentions for 2017. B and I went on a walk by the boats in Marina Del Rey and so far we are feeling pretty optimistic about 2017.
What about you?