- 1 cup of couscous
- about I cup of freshly shredded zuchinni and carrot mixture
- 2 cups of water or chicken/veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil or to taste or no butter at all!!
- a bit of garlic powder or fresh garlic
- lemon juice
- lemon zest for garnish if you are feeling zesty! and have it on hand
1. shred the carrots and zucchini so you get about a cup. I used about 1/2 a zuchinni and a few baby carrots I had on hand.
2. boil 2 cups of water, add butter or olive oil ( or not!) I like it though :)
3. add 1 cup of couscous and the shredded mixture
4. take off the heat and let sit for a few minutes. until water has evaporated.
5. fluff with fork and EAT!!!
you can add the lemon juice to taste along with pepper or salt
What I like about this recipe is that if you don't have chicken broth, water is ok
If you don't have zucchini, just use a carrot
you get the picture...
You can pair this with fish, meat or just enjoy it on its own. and as we say en español :
Buen Provecho = Bon appetit
Make sure to hop on over to simpledaisy she always has something amazing to share for Fresh Fridays.