I usually like to post recipes on Fridays but I was so busy with my move that I did not get a chance so here it is! Pumpkin Sausage Soup! This soup was really good, if I do say so myself and it was so nice to have a secure meal after a long day of work. I saw it on TV here and if you want to try a Fall-tastic meal this is an easy breezy one.
- Onion (1/2)
- Mushroom (1 cup or more, I recommend more)
- Sausage, any kind I used Italian (1-1/4 pounds)
- Pumpkin puree (1 can, I used the big can for making pumpkin pie)
- Chicken stock (4 cups)
- Oregano, dried (1 teaspoon)
- Thyme, dried (1 teaspoon)
- Rosemary, dried (1 teaspoon)
- Paprika (1 teaspoon)
- Red pepper flake (1 pinch)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Coconut milk (1/2 cup)
- Butter (2 tablespoons)
Let me know if you give this soup a go!
- In a large soup pot, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add chopped sweet yellow onion and sliced mushrooms.
- Add sausage and brown. Once sausage is cooked add spices, salt pepper.
- Add Pumpkin purée
- Add Chicken stock and boil soup.
- After soup boils add coconut milk.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Remove from heat and serve!